Can I recover damages for future medical expenses?

If you’ve been injured in a drunk driving crash, you may be wondering if you can recover damages for future medical expenses. The answer is yes — you can seek compensation for any future medical expenses that you may incur as a result of your injuries.

Here’s what you need to know about recovering damages for future medical expenses:

  1. Medical treatment: You may need ongoing medical treatment as a result of your injuries, such as physical therapy, surgeries, and medications. These expenses can add up quickly, and it’s important to factor them into your compensation.
  2. Proving future medical expenses: To recover damages for future medical expenses, you will need to provide evidence that you will need ongoing medical treatment. This can be done through medical records, doctor’s opinions, and other evidence.
  3. Economic damages: Future medical expenses fall under economic damages, which also include lost wages and other financial losses. These damages are meant to compensate you for any financial losses you may have incurred as a result of the accident.
  4. Non-economic damages: In addition to economic damages, you may also be able to recover non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
  5. Statute of limitations: In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. It’s important to act quickly to ensure that you don’t miss this deadline.

It’s essential that you seek legal help from an experienced personal injury attorney if you’ve been injured in a drunk driving crash . The Ruth Law Team has years of experience in handling personal injury cases and can provide you with the legal support and guidance you need. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 to schedule a free consultation.

You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.

Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.