Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
Types of Rideshare Accident Cases We Handle
At The Ruth Law Team, we are well-versed in a wide range of rideshare accident cases, including:
- Uber/Lyft Passengers Hit by Another Car: If you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft and were involved in an accident caused by another vehicle, you might have a right to compensation. We can help you understand the process of dealing with insurance companies, including the rideshare’s insurance and the at-fault driver’s insurance.
- Passengers in an Uber/Lyft Where It Was the Driver’s Fault: Sometimes, the rideshare driver might be at fault in an accident. In such cases, you may need to make a claim against the driver’s personal policy, or with your own Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist policy.
- Uber/Lyft Drivers Hit by Another Car: If you’re a rideshare driver and were hit by another car, getting legal help is crucial. The situation can be complex, as you might be dealing with both your personal car insurance, the rideshare company’s insurance, and the other driver’s insurance. We can help streamline this process and work to obtain adequate compensation for you.
- Someone Hit by an Uber/Lyft Driver: If an Uber or Lyft driver has hit you while you were driving, walking, or cycling, you may have a right to compensation. Our team has extensive experience in dealing with such cases and can ensure your rights are protected.
No matter the circumstances surrounding your rideshare accident, The Ruth Law Team is committed to providing you with the highest level of legal expertise. We understand the complexities of these cases and are prepared to fight for the justice you deserve.
Common Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries
Rideshare accidents, like any automobile accident, can result in a range of injuries. Some of the most common injuries sustained in rideshare accidents include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common neck injury due to the neck’s rapid forward and backward motion, typically caused by sudden braking or acceleration.
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Head injuries, including concussions and more severe TBIs, can occur if a passenger hits their head during a crash.
- Broken Bones: Passengers can break bones in their hands, arms, legs, or other parts of the body due to the impact of the collision.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries can range from mild (sprains and strains) to severe (like herniated disks or paralysis).
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and tears in muscles, ligaments, and tendons can occur due to the force of the crash.
- Lacerations and Bruises: Flying debris, broken glass, or impact with parts of the vehicle can cause cuts and bruises.
- Internal Injuries: The impact of a collision can cause internal bleeding or damage to organs, which can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.
- Psychological Trauma: Accidents can cause significant emotional distress, leading to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
Always seek immediate medical attention following a rideshare accident, even if you feel okay. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and can become more severe if left untreated.
Potential Damages Available to St. Pete Uber and Lyft Accident Victims
If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident, there are several types of compensation you may be entitled to, depending on the circumstances of your case. Here are some potential compensatory damages:
- Medical Expenses: This includes the cost of ambulance rides, emergency room visits, hospitalization, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, and any future medical expenses related to the accident.
- Lost Wages and Earning Capacity: If you cannot work because of your injuries, you may be compensated for the income you’ve lost during your recovery. If your injuries affect your ability to earn a living in the future, you may also receive compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Property Damage: This includes compensation for repairs or replacement of your personal belongings damaged in the accident, including your vehicle.
- Pain and Suffering: This type of compensation accounts for the physical and psychological distress you’ve endured due to the accident.
- Punitive Damages: In cases where the defendant’s conduct was particularly negligent or reckless, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
Navigating a rideshare accident claim can be complex due to multiple potentially liable parties and insurance policies. Working with an experienced St. Pete injury attorney can help you fight for the maximum compensation available.
Next Steps After a Lyft or Uber Accident
Rideshare accidents can be particularly complex due to the involvement of the rideshare company, driver, and potentially other parties. Here are the crucial steps you should take following an accident with a rideshare service like Lyft or Uber:
- Ensure Safety: First and foremost, check if you and others involved are safe. If possible, and it’s safe to do so, move out of the way of traffic.
- Call 911: Even if the accident appears minor, reporting it to law enforcement is essential. They’ll document the scene and generate an accident report.
- Seek Medical Attention: Get checked by a medical professional immediately following the crash. Some injuries may not manifest immediately and could become more severe if left untreated.
- Document the Scene: Capture photos or videos of the accident scene, the vehicles involved, any visible injuries, and other relevant details. If there are witnesses, collect their contact information.
- Exchange Information: Obtain the driver or driver’s name(s), contact details, and insurance information. Also, note down the rideshare service they were driving for and any details about the ride (for instance, if you were a passenger, save a screenshot of your ride details from the app).
- Notify the Rideshare Company: Report the accident to the rideshare company through their app or website. They typically have procedures in place for this situation. Do not discuss any injuries you sustained until speaking with a qualified attorney.
- Consult with a Rideshare Accident Attorney: Due to the complexity of rideshare accidents, seeking legal counsel as early as possible is crucial. An experienced rideshare accident attorney can help navigate the intricacies of dealing with rideshare companies and insurance providers to help protect your rights.
Remember, the aftermath of a rideshare accident can be overwhelming, but taking these steps can help protect your interests. Our dedicated team of rideshare accident attorneys is here to support you in St. Petersburg, Florida, every step of the way. Don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Should I Talk to the Insurance Company?
Avoid speaking with insurance companies before consulting with your attorney. Anything you say can potentially be used against you in your claim.