What if I am permanently disabled as a result of a drunk driving crash?

If you have been injured by a drunk driver and are now permanently disabled, it’s important to understand your legal options for seeking compensation for your injuries. Here’s what you need to know:

  1. Types of disabilities: Permanently disabling injuries can include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, and more. These injuries can have lifelong effects on your ability to work and perform everyday activities.
  2. Types of damages: In addition to economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages, you may also be entitled to non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
  3. Life care plan: If you are permanently disabled, you may need ongoing medical care and assistance with everyday tasks. A life care plan can help determine the cost of these services and provide evidence for your damages claim.
  4. Comparative negligence: If you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover damages. Florida follows a comparative negligence system, which means that damages are apportioned based on each party’s percentage of fault.
  5. Statute of limitations: In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two  years from the date of the accident. It’s important to act quickly to ensure that you don’t miss this deadline.

If you are permanently disabled as a result of a drunk driver, it’s important to seek legal help from an experienced personal injury attorney. The Ruth Law Team has years of experience in handling personal injury cases and can provide you with the legal support and guidance you need. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 to schedule a free consultation.

You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.

Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.