Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
What if I was hit by a drunk driver in a parking lot?
If you were involved in a drunk driving crash in a parking lot, you may be wondering about your legal options. In such cases, it is possible to file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for any injuries or damages you suffered as a result of the accident.
Here’s what you need to know about collisions that occur in parking lots:
- Liability: Liability in parking lot accidents can be complex, and it depends on the specific circumstances of the accident. Generally, liability may fall on the driver who caused the accident, the owner of the vehicle involved, or the owner of the parking lot.
- Negligence: To file a personal injury claim, you will need to demonstrate that the other party was negligent in causing the crash. This means showing that they failed to exercise reasonable care while driving or maintaining their vehicle, which resulted in your injuries.
- Comparative negligence: If you were partially at fault for the crash, you may still be able to recover damages. Florida follows a comparative negligence system, which means that damages are apportioned based on each party’s percentage of fault.
- Insurance coverage: If the other party has insurance, you may be able to file a claim against their insurance company. If the other party is uninsured or underinsured, you may need to sue them directly for damages. 2023 brought changes to Florida law regarding comparative negligence among others. It is essential to speak to a lawyer who is well-versed in these changes and understands how they may affect a claim.
- Statute of limitations: In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is now two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. It’s important to act quickly to ensure that you don’t miss this deadline, as it takes time to build a case.
It’s essential that you seek legal help from an experienced personal injury attorney if you’ve been involved in a crash in a parking lot involving a drunk driver . The Ruth Law Team has years of experience in handling personal injury cases and can provide you with the legal support and guidance you need. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 to schedule a free consultation.
Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.