Can I file a claim against the city?

You may be able to file a claim against the municipality in which your crash occurred. If the city failed to provide a safe means of bicycle travel or failed to maintain working traffic signals, then they may share some fault for the incident. Your bike accident lawyer will ensure that they explore every avenue and will hold all involved parties accountable, even if it means filing suit against the governing body of the city.