Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
What are the potential complications of revision surgery?
The potential complications of revision surgery are themselves painful and debilitating, and can result in permanent damage or even death:
- Complications from anesthesia
- Thrombophlebitis (blood clots in the legs)
- Myositis ossificans (calcium deposits in soft tissue around the knee joint, causing inflammation of muscles where they meet the bone)
- Loosening where a metal component or cement meets the bone
- Incision complications
- Bone fractures during surgery
- Dislocation of the new prosthesis
- A difference in leg length because of the artificial knee
- More or faster loss of bone tissue
- And even death