Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
Can weather conditions or road defects contribute to a rear-end accident?
As a personal injury law firm, we often see cases where rear-end accidents occur due to factors beyond the control of the drivers involved. Weather conditions or road defects can contribute to a rear-end crash and leave individuals with injuries, property damage, and medical bills.
Here’s what you need to know about how weather and road conditions can affect a rear-end collision case:
- Rain, snow, ice, and other inclement weather can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle, reducing visibility, and making it difficult to stop in time to avoid a collision. Drivers have a responsibility to drive cautiously in these conditions, but not all do.
- In some cases, a driver who is following too closely can be at fault for a rear-end collision that occurs in bad weather, even if the other driver stopped abruptly or suddenly changed lanes.
- It’s important to note that in some situations, a driver may not be liable if they could not have reasonably avoided the accident, even if the weather was a contributing factor.
- Road defects such as potholes, cracks, uneven pavement, or other hazards can also contribute to a rear-end crasht, particularly if a driver is unaware of the condition of the road or is unable to avoid the hazard.
- The owner of the road, such as the local government or a private entity, may be liable for an accident caused by a road defect if they knew about the hazard but failed to repair it in a timely manner.
What To Do If You’re in a Rear-End Accident Caused by Weather or Road Conditions
- Seek medical attention right away, even if you don’t feel injured.
- Gather as much information as possible at the scene, including the other driver’s information, witness information, and photographs of the scene and any property damage.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help navigate the legal process and guide you through the legal process.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a rear-end accident caused by weather or road conditions, don’t hesitate to contact The Ruth Law Team for a free consultation, contact us today at (888) 783-8378. We can help you understand your legal rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.