Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
What if I was a passenger in a car that was rear-ended?
If you were a passenger in a car that was rear-ended, you have the right to seek compensation for any injuries and damages you sustained as a result of the accident. Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Seek medical attention – Your health and safety should always be your top priority. Even if you don’t feel like you were injured in the accident, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not present symptoms until several days after the accident.
- Identify the at-fault party – In most cases, the driver who rear-ended the vehicle you were in will be considered at fault for the accident. However, there may be other factors that contributed to the accident. It’s important to gather as much information as possible about the accident, such as witness statements, police reports, and photos of the damage. Be sure to obtain a copy of the driver’s exchange, which is the report the police officer provides to the drivers of each vehicle involved in the crash.
- Contact an attorney – A personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process and work to obtain fair compensation for your injuries and damages. They can help you gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you at trial if necessary.
- Document your damages – It’s important to keep records of any medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses you incur as a result of the accident. This will help your attorney build a strong case for your compensation.
- Be cautious when talking to insurance companies – Insurance companies may try to contact you shortly after the accident to get a statement from you. It’s important to be cautious and not give any statements without first consulting with an attorney. Insurance companies may try to use anything you say against you in order to reduce your compensation.
If you were a passenger in a car that was rear-ended or you were a passenger in a car that rear ended someone else, you may have a strong case for compensation. Contact The Ruth Law Team today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. Call us at (888) 783-8378.
Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.