Can I file a claim if the other driver was speeding at the time of the accident?

If you’ve been in a rear-end accident caused by a speeding driver, you may be wondering if you can file a claim for damages. The answer is yes, you can file a claim for damages caused by a speeding driver in a rear-end accident. Here’s what you need to know.

Speeding is a common cause of rear-end crashes, and the driver who was speeding is often considered to be at fault. If you were injured in a rear-end accident caused by a speeding driver, you may be able to recover damages for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Here are some things to keep in mind if you are considering filing a claim:

  • Document the crash: Make sure to take photos of the damage to your vehicle and any injuries you sustained, and get contact information from any witnesses to the accident. You should also file a police report.
  • Seek medical attention: Even if you feel fine after being rear ended, it’s important to see a doctor to get checked out. Sometimes injuries aren’t immediately apparent, and delayed treatment can make them worse.
  • Contact an attorney: It’s always a good idea to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine your legal options and make sure your rights are protected.

If you do decide to file a claim, your rear end accident attorney will gather evidence to support your case and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. In some cases, you may need to go to court to get the compensation you deserve.

If you have been injured in a rear-end accident caused by a speeding driver, don’t hesitate to contact The Ruth Law Team to speak with an attorney. Our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the legal process and get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378.

You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.

Please note that the answers to each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.