Is Paraquat Dangerous?

Yes, paraquat is an extremely dangerous chemical. Not only has it been linked to Parkinson’s disease as well as kidney disease or kidney failure, but it is also poisonous if ingested. In fact, according to the scientific journal Environmental Health, paraquat is implicated in roughly 100 poisonings in the U.S. every single year.

How harmful is paraquat you ask? On the authority of the EPA, even “one small accidental sip can be fatal, and there is no antidote.” The fact that so many commercial farmers still use such a dangerous substance is an act of negligence and disregard for the safety of others. This negligence will lay the groundwork for your paraquat-related injury claim.