What should I do if I’m involved in a head-on collision?

Being involved in a head-on collision can be a traumatic experience. It’s essential to know what to do in the immediate aftermath to protect your health and legal rights. Here are some important steps to take if you’re involved in a head-on collision:

  1. Call the police: Call the police to report the accident. They will come to the scene and create a report. This report will be important evidence for your personal injury claim.
  2. Exchange information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Also, obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
  3. Document the scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved
  4. Don’t admit fault: It’s important not to admit fault for the accident, even if you think you may be responsible. Let the insurance companies and law enforcement investigate and determine fault.
  5. Contact a personal injury lawyer: It’s important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. They can guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and help you get the compensation you deserve.
  6. Seek medical attention: If you’re injured, seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s still important to get checked out by a healthcare professional.

If you’re involved in a head-on crash, remember to stay calm and follow these steps to protect your health and legal rights. By taking these steps, you’ll be in a better position to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.

Call The Ruth Law Team at (888) 783-8378 to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We offer a free consultation and can answer any questions you may have about your case.

You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.

Please note that the answers to each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.