Have you or a loved one had hip replacement surgery and received a Zimmer implant in the last 6 years? If so, you may have received a Zimmer hip that has been recalled.
Zimmer started marketing their Durom Cup implant in the United States in 2006. On July 24, 2008, Zimmer announced that they were recalling this product because of its high rate of failure.
The Durom Cup is a metal-on-metal hip implant and problems can develop when the metal pieces grind together and wear down. Some of the problems that people have experienced who have received this recalled hip include:
- Loosening of the product from the bone
- Swelling and inflammation
- Trouble walking
- Possible breakage of the bone around the implant site
- Dislocation of some parts because the parts that move against each other are no longer aligned
- Tissue damage around the joint
- Pain in and around the hip area
If you believe you are affected by this recall, contact the Zimmer Durom Cup Recall Personal Injury Attorneys at the Ruth Law Team at 1-888-SteveRuth (1-888-783-8378) for a FREE CONSULTATION.