What should I do if I have been exposed to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune?

If you were exposed to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water while serving or living on base for at least 30 days between 1953 and 1987, you can contact The Ruth Law Team to find out whether you or your family member may qualify for benefits or compensation under the CLJA.  Exposure to contaminated water alone does… read more?

Do I need a lawyer for a Camp Lejeune claim?

The law does not require you to be represented by a lawyer to file a Camp Lejeune injury claim. However, a professional licensed attorney studies, trains, and practices for many years to acquire expertise in preparing, filing, and fighting for their client’s legal claims.  Injured parties who file their own claims without a lawyer’s assistance… read more?

Do I have a medical condition covered by The Camp Lejeune Justice Act (CLJA)?

Medical science indicates that certain diseases are directly associated with the cancer-causing chemicals that leaked into Camp Lejeune’s water supply between 1953 and 1987. Dozens of other serious illnesses and diseases could have been caused by drinking or bathing in the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.  Because of the strong connection between Camp Lejeune water… read more?

Will Compensation Be Offset by Other Benefits Received?

The vast number of people who suffered Camp Lejeune water-related illness and disease is impossible to calculate. Those who suffered serious diseases are likely to have filed for some government benefits to help pay for living expenses due to the disability, healthcare-related expenses, medication, and therapy. These veterans may still file a claim. The Camp… read more?

How Much Can You Get as Compensation for Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Damages?

The Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022 will not limit the amount of compensation you can recover for your toxic-water-related injuries. The only limit provided in the bill prohibits any lawsuit from demanding more in compensation than the victim demanded in the claim filed with the federal agency unless new evidence is discovered after the… read more?

How Do You Get Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Compensation?

The first step in the process when the CLJA becomes law is to contact a qualified Camp Lejeune law firm that has experience representing people who suffered disease or illness from exposure to a toxic substance. The Ruth Law Team has a national reach with local counsel and may be able to help you with… read more?

Will Deceased Veterans Also Qualify for Compensation?

Did you have a parent, child, or another family member who has since passed away due to the water contamination at Camp Lejeune? Under the terms of the CLJA, they can likely still receive compensation by filing a claim.  Every state has its own legal procedures governing how a legal representative gets appointed to represent… read more?

Who Could Be Eligible to Get Compensation Before Time Runs Out?

In 1982, the contaminated drinking water was identified as coming from three sources of finished water that supplied more than half of the family housing units at Camp Lejeune. Despite that discovery, some chemicals continued to be dumped near the wells for another three years, all the time leaching into the water table.  Because so… read more?