What Type of Compensation Can I Seek in a Slip and Trip Accident?

In any personal injury lawsuit, you can seek both economic damages (tangible costs) and non-economic damages (for intangible loss). In some states, these may also be referred to as special damages and general damages, and they could include things like:

  • Medical costs, including rehabilitation and future medical bills
  • Loss of wages
  • Loss of earning potential
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of companionship/consortium
  • Loss of enjoyment
  • and more

You may be able to seek punitive damages, as well, such as in cases of extreme recklessness. You can also pursue a wrongful death claim if someone has died as a result of negligence that led to a slip and fall accident.