Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
What if the rear-end accident caused a pre-existing condition to worsen?
If you have been rear ended by another driver and already have a pre-existing medical condition, it is natural to wonder whether the crash has worsened your existing condition. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and expenses, even if your pre-existing condition was made worse by the accident.
Here are some key points to keep in mind if you are in this situation:
- It is important to seek medical attention right away if you have been involved in a rear-end accident, even if you do not think you have been seriously injured. Some injuries, like whiplash or concussions, may not show symptoms for hours or even days after the crash.
- If you have a pre-existing condition, the other driver’s insurance company may argue that your injury is not related to the accident or that your condition was pre-existing, and not caused by the accident. It is important to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side who can help you prove that your injuries were caused or worsened by the accident.
- You may be able to recover damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses related to the crash. Your attorney can help you determine what types of damages you may be entitled to based on the specifics of your case.
- It is important to keep detailed records of your medical treatment and expenses related to the accident. This can include doctor’s bills, hospital bills, medication costs, and other related expenses. Your attorney can help you gather and organize this information.
- It is important to remember that pre-existing conditions do not automatically disqualify you from recovering damages after a rear-end collision. The key factor is whether the crash made your condition worse or caused additional injuries.
If you believe that your pre-existing condition was made worse after being rear ended, it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you determine your rights and options. At The Ruth Law Team, we have a team of skilled attorneys who can help you understand your legal options and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 for a free consultation.
You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.
Please note that the answers to each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.