What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you may be understandably concerned about how you will cover your medical bills and other expenses. Here’s what you need to know:
- You may have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as part of your own car insurance policy, this can help cover your medical bills and other expenses if the other driver doesn’t have insurance. It’s important to review your policy carefully to understand your coverage and to ensure that you file a claim in a timely manner.
- You may have comprehensive/collision coverage: Comprehensive/collision coverage may allow you to make a claim through your own auto insurance company in order to finalize your vehicle repairs.
- You should always seek medical attention: Even if the other driver doesn’t have insurance, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. Not only is this important for your health and well-being, but it can also help establish a causal link between your injuries and the accident, which is critical when pursuing a personal injury claim.
- You may be able to pursue a claim against the other driver: Just because the other driver doesn’t have insurance doesn’t mean that they are off the hook for your medical bills and other expenses. You may be able to pursue a claim against the other driver directly, although this can be a complicated process and may require the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney.
- You may be able to recover compensation from other sources: Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be able to recover compensation from other sources, such as a third-party liability claim, a product liability claim, or a premises liability claim. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you identify all potential sources of compensation and can help you build a strong case for the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The Ruth Law Team can help you understand your legal rights and options and can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 to speak with an attorney.
You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.
Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.