How long do I have to file a claim for a rear-end accident?

If you have been involved in a rear-end accident, it’s important to take action quickly to protect your rights and ensure that you are able to recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. One important consideration is the time limit for filing a claim, known as the statute of limitations. Here’s what you need to know about the statute of limitations for rear-end accidents:

  • The statute of limitations varies depending on the state where the accident occurred. In most states, the time limit is two to three years from the date of the accident, but it can be shorter or longer in some cases.
  • It’s important to be aware of the statute of limitations in your state and to take action before the deadline passes. If you miss the deadline, you may be barred from recovering compensation for your losses.
  • Even if the statute of limitations has not passed, it’s still a good idea to take action as soon as possible after a rear-end accident. Evidence can be lost or destroyed, witnesses can forget important details, and your injuries may worsen over time. The sooner you take action, the stronger your case is likely to be.

If you have been injured in a rear-end accident, it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected. The attorneys at The Ruth Law Team have extensive experience handling rear-end accident cases and can help you navigate the legal process and recover the compensation you deserve. 

Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 to schedule a free consultation. Remember, the statute of limitations for rear-end accidents varies by state, so it’s important to take action as soon as possible to protect your rights.

You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.

Please note that the answers for each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.