Why Should I Contact a Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney?
When you schedule a free initial consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney, you will receive the benefit of the lawyer’s knowledge and experience in dealing with accidents. The lawyer will listen to your story and develop a legal strategy based on your goals. An injury lawyer can help with many aspects of your accident including:
- Evaluating Your Claim: The lawyer can assess the legal merits of your claim so that you understand the likelihood of success.
- Documenting Your Claim: Your lawyer and their legal staff will collect your medical records, accident reports, medical bills, pay stubs, and other documents. They can prepare and fully document your insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer.
- Negotiating with the Insurer: You can expect that the first offer from an insurer will be low. Claims adjusters make low offers to try to save their employers money. They also make low opening offers to give themselves negotiating space. A motorcycle accident attorney has the skill to present the facts that are necessary to support your injury claim. The lawyer can then negotiate on equal footing with the claims adjuster to try to get fair compensation for your injury.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If you cannot get a fair offer from the claims adjuster, your injury lawyer can file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Most injury lawsuits will settle before trial. Filing a lawsuit will pressure the insurer to make a fair offer to avoid the time and expense of preparing for trial.
- Preparing for Trial: Before you go to trial, your injury lawyer will take time to investigate the accident and the at-fault driver. The lawyer might take depositions from the driver who caused the accident and any witnesses that were present. If the insurance company requests your deposition, your motorcycle accident attorney will prepare you and attend with you. Some of the most critical preparations of your lawyer will be to assemble evidence of your injuries. This may include lining up expert witnesses who can explain your injuries and the costs associated with them.
- Getting a Damage Award: Your lawyer will present the law and the facts to the jury in your case. To win your case, your motorcycle accident attorney must prove that another driver acted negligently in causing the accident. If your lawyer persuades the jury of the driver’s negligence, damages will be awarded based on your injuries.