Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
What should I do immediately after being hit by a drunk driver?
If you have been hit by a drunk driver, it can be a scary and overwhelming experience. You may be injured, your vehicle may be damaged, and you may be feeling confused and uncertain about what to do next. However, there are steps you can take immediately following the accident that can help protect your rights and increase your chances of recovering compensation for your injuries and losses.
Here are some things you should do immediately after being hit by a drunk driver:
- Call the police: This is the first and most important step you should take after a crash. Call 911 to report the incident and wait for the police to arrive. The police will investigate the crash, gather evidence, and create an accident report that can be used as evidence in your case.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel okay after the crash, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Some injuries may not show symptoms immediately and can worsen over time. Additionally, getting medical treatment right away can help strengthen your case by documenting your injuries.
- Exchange information: Get the other driver’s name, contact information, insurance information, and license plate number. Also, get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. If a police officer shows up right away, he or she should obtain this information.
- Take photos: If you are able, take photos of the scene, including any damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and any property that was damaged.
- Do not discuss fault or apologize: Do not admit fault or apologize for the crash, as this can be used against you later on.Contact a personal injury attorney: Finally, contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help guide you through the legal process and protect your rights. At The Ruth Law Team, we have a team of experienced attorneys who can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you have been hit by a drunk driver, it’s important to take action immediately to protect your rights and increase your chances of recovering compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact The Ruth Law Team today at (888) 783-8378 to speak with an attorney and learn more about your legal options.
Please note that the answers to each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.