Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
What if I was a passenger in the car hit by the drunk driver?
As a passenger in a car hit by a drunk driver, you have certain rights and legal options. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Liability: The drunk driver is almost always liable for any injuries or damages resulting from the crash. This means that you may be able to recover compensation from the driver’s insurance company or from the driver themselves. Additionally, if the driver was at work or driving a company vehicle, their employer may also be held liable.
- Other parties: In some cases, there may be other parties who contributed to the accident or who share liability. For example, if the car you were in was in poor condition and the driver was aware of this, the driver or the owner of the car may share liability for the accident. A personal injury attorney can help you identify all the parties who may be held responsible.
- Insurance: If the drunk driver had insurance, their insurance company may be responsible for paying your medical bills, and other damages. If the driver was uninsured, you may still be able to recover compensation through your own insurance policy, such as uninsured motorist coverage. Your attorney can help you navigate the insurance process and work to receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Compensation: As a passenger in the car, you may be entitled to compensation for a variety of damages, including:
- Medical expenses: This can include the cost of hospital stays, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and any other treatment related to your injuries.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for the wages you have lost and any future earnings you may lose as a result of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: You may also be entitled to compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and other intangible losses resulting from the accident.
If you were a passenger in a car hit by a drunk driver, it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The Ruth Law Team has years of experience representing victims of drunk driving accidents and can help you understand your legal rights and options. Contact us today at (888) 783-8378 to schedule a free consultation.
You can also visit us by appointment at one of our Florida Law Offices, Minnesota Law Offices, or Georgia Law Offices.