Are You Eligible to File a Claim for Injuries Related to Camp Lejeune?
How do I know if the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
If you have been involved in a car crash and suspect that the other driver may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s important to gather evidence to support your claim. Here are some things you can do to determine if the other driver was intoxicated at the time of the crash:
- Look for physical signs: There are several physical signs that may indicate that the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, and the smell of alcohol or drugs on their breath.
- Ask the other driver: If you feel comfortable doing so, ask the other driver if they have been drinking or using drugs. They may admit to it, which can help strengthen your case.
- Call the police: If you suspect that the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, call the police immediately. They can investigate the crash, administer sobriety tests, and determine if the other driver was indeed intoxicated.
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos and videos of the scene, including any damage to the vehicles, skid marks, and any open containers or drug paraphernalia in the other driver’s car.
- Witness statements: If there were any witnesses to the crash, ask them if they saw any signs that the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Police report: The police report will document any evidence of intoxication and may include the results of any sobriety tests that were administered.
If you suspect that the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident, it’s important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you gather evidence and build a strong case. At The Ruth Law Team, we have a team of experienced attorneys who can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you have been in an accident involving an intoxicated driver, contact The Ruth Law Team today at (888) 783-8378 to speak with an attorney and learn more about your legal options.
Please note that the answers to each question may vary depending on the specific facts of your case, and it is always best to consult with an attorney to get more accurate information. Also, this is general information and not legal advice.