Can I sue the bar that served the drunk driver?

Most states have very detailed laws governing alcohol consumption, sale, and distribution. One such law is known as the Dram Shop Law. This statute requires bars and restaurants to not serve alcohol to minors or those that are habitually addicted to it.

Since many bargoers frequently visit the same establishments on an ongoing basis, there is a good chance that the local staff is familiar with the person that hit you. If the bar or restaurant violated their duty and continually served someone that is overindulging, then you may be able to file a claim against them. It is best to speak with a drunk driving accident lawyer first to determine if this is an option.