Product Injury Attorneys Fighting for Injured Consumers
As a consumer society, we expect the products and machinery we use to improve our day-to-day experiences — not harm us. Unfortunately, we have had to assist many clients in fighting against manufacturers and corporations that failed to provide adequate testing for their products and instead produced unsafe and defective devices that injured innocent people. If you or a loved one was injured due to an unsafe product such as the following, you need an experienced and aggressive Florida injury attorney who can help.
Types of Product Liability Cases Our Attorneys Handle
- Faulty or unsafe machinery
- Dangerous medications and medical products
- Unsafe consumer products
- Dangerous home-use products, appliances and tools
- Recalled products
Injuries Caused by Faulty or Unsafe Machinery
Many of us spend the majority of our time in the workplace, and we expect the conditions to be clean, productive and safe. Injuries in the workplace may be caused by one of the following:
- Improper training
- Faulty machinery
- Inadequate maintenance
- Software glitch
- Lack of appropriate safeguards
When investigating an injury that involved heavy machinery, there are many facets of the case our product liability attorneys will assess. For example, was the machine properly inspected? Did it have the necessary safeguards in place to protect the operator? Were the surrounding conditions up to code? Were the operational instructions properly presented and carefully explained to the worker? Was the operator provided the proper clothing and safety equipment to prevent an injury? These are all important questions that must be explored when handling injury cases that involve heavy machinery or equipment.
Dangerous Medications and Medical Products
Our firm is also highly experienced in handling cases involving unsafe medical devices and medications.These product liability cases are different from medical malpractice cases where a physician made an error that resulted in an injury. With a product liability case, we investigate the manufacturer of the medication or device to make a determination of who or what corporation was at-fault for an injury. For example, we fought on behalf of a client who was severely injured by a piece of surgical equipment. What was supposed to be a relatively simple medical procedure resulted in permanent paralysis to an entire side of our client’s body. It was up to us to investigate and obtain forensic evidence, which identified a fault in the design of the medical equipment used. While we could not restore our client’s health, we were able to force the responsible parties to provide financial reimbursement that would adequately pay for a lifetime of care.
Unsafe Medical Devices, Medications, and Products our Attorneys are Investigating
Here is a list of various defective products that may cause unexpected injury to the patient or consumer using the product. For more information, contact an attorney at 888-783-8378.
- Actos Diabetes Medication
- Air Bag Injury – Takata Airbag Recall
- Antibiotics: Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, Noroxin, Floxin, Factive
- Bair Hugger Warming Blankets
- Biophosphonates – Fosamax, Boniva, Reclast, etc.
- Birth control – Beya, Ocella, Yasmin, Yaz
- Diabetes Drugs and Pancreatic Cancer
- Essure Permanent Birth Control
- Gadolinium – MRI Contrast Agent
- GranuFlo & Naturalyte Dialysis Medications
- Hernia Mesh Defective Product
- Hip Replacement Implants by Depuy Hip, Zimmer Hip, & Stryker
- Implanon Birth Control Device
- Invokana\Invokamet\Jardiance Diabetes Medications
- IVC Filters
- Januvia and Byetta
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft
- Mentor MemoryGel Breast Implants
- MRI Contrast Agent Gadolinium – GBCAs
- Opioid Overdose and Death
- Power Morcellators and Uterine Cancer
- Prilosec, Nexium and Prevacid (Proton Pump Inhibitors, or PPIs)
- St Jude’s Faulty Defibrillator/Pacemaker Leads
- Stockert 3T Surgical Heater-Cooler Devices
- Talc Products
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Transvaginal Mesh Complications
- Zimmer Knee Replacement
- Zimmer Shoulder Replacement
- Zofran and Birth Defects
Unsafe Consumer Products
When we purchase a basic household product at the store, we expect it to be safe and effective. Unfortunately, we have seen common home-use products, tools, and toys unexpectedly cause burns, infections, allergic reactions and other physical injuries. Product labels should thoroughly list ingredients and contents with clear instructions for use. Lack of clear labels can result in unexpected and unnecessary injuries.
Dangerous Home-Use Products, Appliances, and Tools
The Ruth Law Team represents those who have been injured due to a defective household tools or appliances. In one case, a simple bathroom remodeling job quickly turned deadly for one of our clients. The manufacturer of a popular grout sealer made the decision to change a compound in its formula to eliminate the strong chemical odor that prevented users from inhaling the fumes for extended periods of time. Our client spent hours around the substance, leading to respiratory failure and death within 24 hours. We were able to uncover the truth, demand justice, and obtain a substantial financial settlement for the family of the victim. If you were injured by a common household product or appliance due to a fire, chemical, gas, or other issues, contact an experienced and aggressive personal injury attorney at 1-888-783-8378.
What If I Was Injured by a Recalled Product?
- Class I Recall: As the most serious recall, a product or device that falls under a Class I Recall is deemed highly unsafe. There is a reasonable probability that use or exposure to the product will cause serious adverse health effects or death.
- Class II Recall: A product removed from the market under a Class II Recall may cause temporary or medically reversible adverse health consequences. Serious adverse health consequences after the use of this type of product are unlikely.
- Class III Recall: Use or exposure to this type of product is unlikely to cause adverse health consequences.
- Market Withdrawal: In the event of a minor violation, the producer may decide to either correct the issue or remove the product from the market.
- Medical Device Safety Alert: Also known as a recall, a medical device safety alert is issued when there is an unreasonable risk of substantial harm if the medical device is used.
Contact A Florida Product Liability Lawyer Today
We should be able to reasonably expect everyday products and equipment to be safe and effective rather than cause serious injuries. If you were hurt by a defective, recalled, or otherwise unsafe product, our product liability lawyers at The Ruth Law Team can assist you. We will help determine the manufacturer or corporation liable for your injuries and assist you in making a claim. For more information, call us at 1-888-783-8378, or fill out our Free Case Evaluation form.