Slip and Fall Attorneys Fighting Aggressively for the Injured
Watch this video to find out how a knowledgeable slip and fall attorney may be able to assist you after an unexpected accident.
While slapstick comedy makes light of slipping and falling, when it happens for real it’s no laughing matter. Serious permanent injury and even death can be the result. When the cause of that accident is someone else’s negligence, legal action is your right. You need a slip and fall injury attorney who is not afraid to fight for you.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury from an unexpected encounter with a dangerous condition, you may have legal grounds to be compensated for your trip and fall injury, including your medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering.
What Should I Do After Slipping or Tripping and Falling?
It is important to take the proper steps after falling at a business, in a parking lot, or in any facility. Be sure to review the following information to ensure you have the proper documentation after hurting yourself in a fall:
- Step 1: Take a look around, and try to figure out exactly what caused you to fall. Whether it was a spill, torn carpet, a change in elevation of the floor, or other unidentified hazard, determining the reason for the fall is one of the most critical aspects in pursuing a claim. The injured party has the burden to prove the property owner either knew or should have known about the dangerous condition.
- Step 2: If possible, take photos of the accident site.
- Step 3: Report the accident as soon as possible, and request a copy of the incident report.
- Step 4: Get medical attention for your injuries right away. Proper documentation and treatment of your injuries are crucial not only in helping you feel better, but also in proving you have a viable injury claim against the negligent party.
It’s important to document and protect all evidence in a case involving an injury caused by a fall. Time is of the essence. Our slip and fall lawyers and investigators can help obtain and preserve crucial evidence that can make the difference in the outcome of you case.
Some of the common causes of such falls include:
- property defects
- hazardous construction or building materials
- unknown slippery substances
- poor lighting
- non-existent, broken, or unstable handrails on stairways
- uneven floors or stairs
- cracks or holes in sidewalks
- loose carpeting
You do have a right to be protected from dangerous conditions when you are a visitor on someone else’s property or premise including:
- public buildings & grounds
- private houses, apartments & other dwellings
- commercial establishments (malls, restaurants & other businesses)
Contact a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer in Florida Today
After seeking medical treatment for your injury, your best course of action is to call us right away and speak with one of our slip and fall accident attorneys who will be able to answer your questions, advise you as to your best course of action, and give you the legal guidance and representation to protect your rights and seek the justice you deserve. Call 1-888-STEVE-RUTH (1-888-783-8378) now.