Florida Slip and Fall Attorneys Fighting Aggressively for the Injured
Watch this video to find out how a knowledgeable slip and fall attorney may be able to assist you after an unexpected accident.
While slapstick comedy makes light of slipping and falling, when it happens for real it’s no laughing matter. Serious permanent injury and even death can be the result. When the cause of that accident is someone else’s negligence, legal action is your right. You need a slip and fall injury attorney who is not afraid to fight for you.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury from an unexpected encounter with a dangerous condition, you may have legal grounds to be compensated for your trip and fall injury, including your medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering. To speak to an experienced attorney now, call 888-783-8378.
What Should I Do After Slipping or Tripping and Falling?
- Step 1: Take a look around, and try to figure out exactly what caused you to fall. Whether it was a spill, torn carpet, a change in elevation of the floor, or other unidentified hazard, determining the reason for the fall is one of the most critical aspects in pursuing a claim. The injured party has the burden to prove the property owner either knew or should have known about the dangerous condition.
- Step 2: If possible, take photos of the accident site.
- Step 3: Report the accident as soon as possible, and request a copy of the incident report.
- Step 4: Get medical attention for your injuries right away. Proper documentation and treatment of your injuries are crucial not only in helping you feel better, but also in proving you have a viable injury claim against the negligent party.
It’s important to document and protect all evidence in a case involving an injury caused by a fall. Time is of the essence. Our slip and fall lawyers and investigators can help obtain and preserve crucial evidence that can make the difference in the outcome of you case.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents:
- property defects
- hazardous construction or building materials
- unknown slippery substances
- poor lighting
- non-existent, broken, or unstable handrails on stairways
- uneven floors or stairs
- cracks or holes in sidewalks
- loose carpeting
You do have a right to be protected from dangerous conditions when you are a visitor on someone else’s property or premise including:
- public buildings & grounds
- private houses, apartments & other dwellings
- commercial establishments (malls, restaurants & other businesses)
What Can a Slip and Fall Attorney Do to Help Me?
Why Should You Hire a Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Contact a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer in Florida Today
After seeking medical treatment for your injury, your best course of action is to call us right away and speak with one of our slip and fall accident attorneys who will be able to answer your questions, advise you as to your best course of action, and give you the legal guidance and representation to protect your rights and seek the justice you deserve. The injured party has the burden to prove the property owner either knew or should have known about the dangerous condition. Get an aggressive lawyer on your side. Call 1-888-STEVE-RUTH (1-888-783-8378) now.
What to Have Ready When You Call a Slip and Fall Lawyer
We understand it can be overwhelming when you’ve been hurt in an accident. Most people who call us don’t know where to turn or what to do next. While not required, it can help us better evaluate your case if you have the following information readily available for us to review.
- The date, time and place your fall occurred.
- Information on how you fell. Was there a slippery substance on the floor? Was there an uneven surface? Poor lighting? Torn carpet? Knowing what caused you to fall is the most important factor in determining the fault of a property owner.
- A copy of the store, restaurant, or other property’s incident report, if you have one.
- Information about medical treatment you have already received, if any.
- Photos of the dangerous condition. Do you have images of the scene? If so, you may text us copies at 888-783-8378. You are also welcome to email or mail these photos to us. If you choose to hire The Ruth Law Team, our investigator may request these photos as well.
Learn From an Experienced Premises Liability Lawyer
Watch our video to learn what to do if you’ve been injured as a result of a fall.