The FDA reports that Medtronic notified some distributors and hospitals starting October 21, 2013 that some models of its guidewires have potential problems. Mdtronic requested that the affected units be returned for replacement.
BACKGROUND: The guidewires covered by this recall are designed to facilitate percutaneous coronary interventions or the placement of left ventricular leads for cardiac rhythm devices. They include specific lots from the following eight product lines that were manufactured after mid-April 2013:
- Cougar nitinol workhorse guidewire
- Cougar steerable guidewire
- Zinger stainless steel workhorse guidewire
- Zinger steerable guidewire
- Thunder extra-support guidewire
- Thunder steerable guidewire
- ProVia crossing guidewire
- Attain Hybrid guide wire
If you or a loved one have had a problem with a medtronic device, contact the experienced lawyers at the Ruth Law Team. Call the Ruth Law Team at (888) 783-8378.