Rear end crashes are startling, to say the least.  When someone unexpectedly hits you, it’s hard to know what to do. The Ruth Law Team’s accident attorneys are standing by to help walk you through the process. We can fight to get you the justice you deserve after a rear-end collision.

I don’t have health insurance. How can I see a doctor after being rear-ended?

This is a common concern.  In Florida, you do not need health insurance to see a doctor immediately after an accident.  Every FL insurance policy, including yours, has Personal Injury Protection coverage.  This pays 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000, whether the accident was your fault or not.  This is why Florida is called a “no-fault state.” You have only 14 days from the date of the accident to utilize this coverage!  Don’t wait. If you are sore, achy, or hurting, you should go to the ER, urgent care, or a clinic that treats people hurt in auto accidents. You may see any doctor you’d like. However, be aware that not all doctors will treat accident-related injuries. If you need assistance finding a doctor in your area, we are happy to provide you with the names of providers in your area who can help. Call us at (888) 783-8378 for further guidance on utilizing your no-fault (PIP) coverage.

Should I talk to the insurance company?

A good car accident lawyer knows how to protect your rights.  When you hire The Ruth Law Team, we will put both your and the other driver’s insurance companies on notice.  If you were rear ended, understanding that taking care of your health is your priority.  Auto insurance carriers (both yours and the other driver’s!) will do what they can to minimize what is paid to you.

If you do speak to the insurance companies involved, beware of questions such as the following:

  • Nobody was hurt, right?
  • How are you feeling?
  • Are you doing OK?
  • Was anyone else hurt?
  • Did you go to the hospital?

While they may seem harmless, answering these questions now could hurt your case later! It is impossible to know the extent of your injuries immediately after a crash. An experienced car accident lawyer will handle contact between the insurance companies. Simply place your focus on feeling better, and direct the insurance company to your attorney’s office.

How do I get my car fixed?

The insurance company for the at-fault driver is responsible for paying for the repairs to your car. Typically, it is simple to resolve a property damage claim on your own. For more information on fixing your car, download our free property damage e-booklet. Of course, we are always willing and able to assist with the process if needed.

Get Your Free Property Damage Guide

If you are concerned about injuries sustained in a rear-end accident, consult with an experienced attorney. He or she can guide you during a difficult and scary time. Our personal injury attorneys handle rear end accidents daily. You can reach The Ruth Law Team day or night at (888) 783-8378, or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form on this page, and someone from our office will be in touch with you shortly.